Business Online Banking Important Information
BUSINESS ONLINE BANKING
The First Time You Log in after 3/9/2020
• Access ID: you will use your current Access ID (all lower case).
• Password: you will use the last six digits of your Business Employer Identification Number (EIN) for your password. After logging in, you will be prompted to choose a new password.
• Terms & Conditions: you will be asked to read and approve the new Business Online Banking Terms & Conditions the first time you login.
• Please review your account information and let us know as soon as possible if you have any questions.
• Everything at a Glance: the new Home Screen gives you an at-a-glance view of all your accounts and their current balances with one-click access to transfer funds between your accounts or view recent transactions. Bill Pay is also displayed on the new Home Screen.
• Live Chat: you will have the option to Live Chat with a Security State Bank representative during normal business hours.
• Enhanced Alerts: you will have the option to choose from several account notification alerts that can be delivered by email or text. These alerts will be sent in real-time.
• E-Statements: if you are an E-Statement customer, your statements will now be found under Documents.
• Credit Cards: Credit Card information will not be available in Business Online Banking when we go live on March 9, 2020; however, this is being worked on and we hope to offer it again in the future. For the interim, we have included a link to mycardstatement.com on the side of the Business Online Home Page. In the mycardstatement.com site, choose the Forgot Your User Name link. You will be prompted to enter your credit card information.
• As Security State Bank completes is change to the new Business Online Banking, Quickbooks settings will need to be modified to ensure the smooth transition of your data. Please click the Quicken & Quickbook Users-Important Information link on the Customer Education Center page for instructions.