Mobile Banking/Mobile App Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get started with Security State Bank’s Personal Mobile App?
Download the Security State Bank Personal App from your device’s App store. App enabled for use on Mobile Phones. Search for SSBWA or Security State Bank Washington. Once downloaded, open the app. If you are already a Personal Online Banking user, enter your UserName and Password. If you have not enrolled in Personal Online Banking, choose Enroll and enter the required information.
Can I use the same UserName (User ID) and Password for the Mobile App that I use for Online Banking?
Yes, the UserName (User ID) and Password are the same to access both Online Banking and the Mobile App.
Is enrollment in Online Banking required to use the Mobile App?
No. You can enroll directly from the Security State Bank Personal Mobile App.
Is the Mobile App available for both personal and business account holders?
There is a Personal Mobile App and a separate Business Mobile App for business customers. Please see the Business Convenience Services page on our website for more information on the Business Mobile App.
Does the Mobile App work on all mobile devices?
To use the Mobile App, you must have a compatible mobile device. The app is enabled for use on Mobile Phones, not Tablets or other devices.
Is there a fee to use the Mobile App?
Security State Bank does not charge a fee to use the Mobile App. However, your wireless provider may charge for text messaging and/or data access or other fees.
Can joint account holders both use the Mobile App?
Yes. Each account holder should have a separate Mobile App/Online Banking enrollment.
Is Mobile Banking/Mobile App secure?
Mobile Banking communicates securely with Security State Bank’s server via our service provider. Your account information accessed by Mobile Banking is protected the same way it is with Online Banking: our authentication process includes your Mobile UserName (User ID) and Password. For added protection, we recommend locking your mobile device when not in use.
Who should I contact for help with the Mobile App/Mobile Banking?
Security State Bank’s Customer Care Center at 800.242.2036 or visit any of our branches.
I lost my phone or my phone was stolen. What should I do?
Contact Security State Bank’s Customer Care Center at 800.242.2036 during regular business hours.
What if I no longer want the Mobile App?
Simply delete the App from your mobile device.
How do I make a deposit using the Mobile App?
Prepare your check for deposit.
- Make sure this is a valid check to deposit
- The check has not been deposited before.
- The check is made payable to a signer on the account it is being deposited into.
- Endorse your check For Mobile Deposit Only at Security State Bank – Your Name.
Deposit your item.
- From the menu screen choose Deposit
- Select Deposit a Check
- Select the Deposit into account
- Enter the Amount
- Choose Take photos
- Take a picture of the Check Front.
- Take a picture of the Check Back.
- Select Make Deposit.
- Select View Mobile Deposit History to see the status of the deposit: Accepted, Pending or Failed.
- Please note: All submitted deposits are subject to review before considered final. A deposit submitted successfully does not mean the funds are immediately available for use.
- In general, funds from mobile deposits made before 4:00 p.m. Pacific time on a business day will be available for withdrawal on the next business day, unless a hold is applied.
What types of checks or items can I deposit using Mobile Deposit?
- You can deposit only checks as that term is defined in Federal Reserve Board Regulation CC (“Reg CC”).
- Any image of a check that you transmit to us must accurately and legibly provide all of the information on the front and back of the check presented.
- All mobile deposits are subject to review.
Are there any special terms and conditions related to Mobile Deposit?
- Yes. This is part of the Personal Internet Banking Services Terms and Conditions that were provided when enrolling in Personal Online Banking. The Disclaimer can also be found at www.ssbwa.com under Disclosures > Personal Internet Banking Services Terms and Conditions.
- Checks must be endorsed For Mobile Deposit Only at Security State Bank.
Are there limits in place for Mobile Deposits?
- $1,500 per deposit
- Only 1 item per deposit
- $2,500 daily limit
You may be eligible to increase your limits. Please contact Security State Bank.
Is there a cutoff time for mobile deposit?
Deposits made before 4 p.m. Pacific time on a business day that have been received and accepted by the bank will be considered deposited that business day. If a deposit is received by us after 4 p.m. Pacific time on a business day or if received on a Saturday, Sunday or federal holiday, it will be processed the next business day.
Once I make a mobile deposit, when will my funds be available?
In general, funds from mobile deposits made before 4 p.m. Pacific time on a business day will be available for withdrawal on the next business day, unless a hold is placed on the funds.
How can I be sure my mobile deposit was successful?
- Under View Mobile Deposit History on your App, the deposit will change from Pending status to Accepted.
- Once the bank accepts the mobile deposit, you will see the deposit in your Account Balances information after the next update (unless a hold is placed on the funds). Mobile Deposits are not updated in online banking in real-time, but are updated periodically on business days.
- You will be notified by email* or text if, upon review, the bank places a hold on the funds or if the deposit is rejected for any reason. *We will use the email address on file for your Online Banking account, so please keep this information current.
After I make a Mobile Deposit, what should I do with the check?
- Once you have verified that the deposit posted to your account, write Electronically Presented at top of the check.
- Securely store the check for 60 days, then mark the item as “Void” and properly dispose of the item.
OTHER MOBILE APP FEATURES
Is there a cut-off time for making transfers using the Mobile App?
Transfers made prior to 5:45 p.m. Pacific time on a business day will be processed that business day. Transfers made after 5:45 p.m. Pacific time or on a non-business day (Saturday, Sunday, or Federal holiday) will be processed the next business day.
Can I pay bills using the Mobile App?
Yes, you can schedule and make bill payments to Payees.
Can I view my e-statements using the Mobile App?
No, e-Statements can only be viewed in Online Banking.